If you have just set up your exclusive merchandise store powered by Paintcollar, it’s now time to start telling your audience about it. Here are a few simple and proven strategies to direct traffic to your store and get more sales. The key is consistency. So if you regularly apply these tactics, you will start seeing merchandise sales shoot up in no time!
1. Feature Merchandise Within Your Video Content
The content that you create is what fans love you for so the best way to tell them about your merchandise is to feature it in all new content that you put out. This is really easy to do if you have a lot of video content. Wear your own T-shirt, take a sip from your own coffee mug or flaunt your phone with a cool case. Make sure you clearly tell viewers where they can get your products by talking about them and displaying the link. Other than featuring and talking about your merchandise in your videos there are a few basic steps that you will need to take to send traffic to your store.
For YouTube videos:
a) If your video is on YouTube, always include merchandise cards that viewers can click to directly go to your store. This is the best way to send traffic from your video to your store. But first, you will have to get your website verified and link it to your YouTube channel. You can then add merchandise cards to every video.
- Folow this link to verify the email address/account which is associated with your YouTube channel its a simple process of either a voice call or a text message to verify authenticity. Once done, visit Advanced Settings page where an option to associate a site with your YouTube channel will be available.
- Enter the complete URL of your website, under that click verify if you are the owner of the website else request the approval from the owner of the website. On doing this, you will be redirected to google’s search console. In the text box mentioned add the website URL and click ‘ADD PROPERTY‘.
- This will redirect to a page with two option’s to verify ownership of website click on the ‘Alternate Methods’ tab. Among the four mentioned options click on HTML Meta Tag. Follow the instructions to copy and paste it in your site’s homepage HTML between <head> and <body> of the first section. [ Example is also provided ]
- After you add your site to Search Console, it will go through a verification process. Once verification is complete, the website’s status will change from “pending” to “success” in your Advanced Channel Settings and you can follow the steps mentioned here to add a card that will take viewers to any page on that website. Now you can add, create cards to showcase on all your videos and associate these with any page on your website which will be your merchandise store as well.
DO NOT REMOVE THE META TAG ONCE VERIFICATION IS SUCCESSFUL.
For a step by step process follow this link: YouTube Support – Link to your website from your videos
You can also add your store link:
b) Video’s description.
c) Make sure you prominently display the link to your store in your video.
Here’s a great example of how Being Indian had their host introduce their merchandise to viewers:
Here’s another good example of Being Indian using merchandise cards to send traffic to their store:
For Facebook videos:
Facebook videos do not support annotations or cards but you can still showcase merchandise quite effectively. Make sure you clearly display the link to your store and talk about the merchandise in the video. Always include the link in the video description and tell viewers where to find it.
Making short Facebook videos for your merchandise is a great idea since it will come up in your fans’ newsfeeds as they scroll through.
Q: I do not have a physical product with me to feature in my video right now! What do I do?
Don’t worry! You can take a screenshot of the product as seen in your store and use those images. Or you could use free product mockup templates that you can download. These are basically Photoshop files in which you can change the colour of a blank T-shirt or hoodie and place your own designs on them. You can download loads of them for free here: http://www.cssauthor.com/free-mockup-templates-psd-designs
Summary: Remember to talk about your merchandise and follow the above steps in every new video you put out. Our data shows that maximum number of sales are driven by content creators directly addressing their viewers about their merchandise and clearly showing them a link they can click to buy it.
2. Add Your Store’s Links On All Social Media Pages.
Your Facebook page or Instagram account are probably one of the first places anybody will check if they want to know more about you. Make sure the link to your store is updated in the profile descriptions. The Lifeart Studios has their store at thelifeartstudios.com. Have a look at their Instagram account:
3. Facebook Shop Now Button.
Adding a Shop Now button on your Facebook page is really easy and tells people you have merchandise up for sale. If you have not added a button to your page, just click “Add a Button” as shown.
Choose the “Shop Now” option.
Choose the Shop on your website option.
Enter the URL of your store and click “Save changes”.
The Shop Now button will now appear on your Facebook page and redirect to your Paintcollar powered shop.
4. Add Products To Your Facebook Shop
You can now showcase your products in the Shop section of your Facebook page. To create a new Facebook Shop, follow these simple steps:
- On your Page, click the Shop tab. If you don’t see the Shop tab, click Settings at the top-right corner of your Page, then click Edit Page from the menu on the left. Next, click the Add a Tab button and click Add Tab next to the Shop option. You should see the Shop tab on your Page now.
- Go to the Shop tab on your page. If you agree to our Merchant Terms and Policies, check the I agree to the Merchant Terms and Policies box, then click Continue. You may be prompted to reenter your Facebook password for security purposes.
- Choose Check Out on Another Website option to send your customers to your shop to complete their purchase. Then, click Continue.
- Choose the currency you want to use. This currency will apply to all your products and can’t be changed unless you delete your shop section and create a new one.
- Click Save.
Your Facebook Shop is now set up and you can start adding products by following these steps:
- On your Page, click the Shop section.
- Click Add Product.
- Add product images and details.
Be sure to have a look at Facebook’s guide for listing products before you start uploading products. Remember to enable the two options at the bottom.
Enabling Feature this product will make it appear at the top of your page and first in your Shop.
Enabling Share this product on your page automatically posts to your Page’s Timeline as soon as the product is approved.
- Click Save.
Your products will now be visible in your Shop and on your Page.
5. Regular Social Media Updates
Regularly posting through your social media accounts up about the latest merchandise is a great way to engage with your fans. Try to be as creative as you can when it comes to these posts. Here are a few things you should try.
- Fan photos
Photos and videos of your fans and customers wearing or showcasing your products
Try to get as many of your customers to share pics of their merchandise with you. Posting this kind of content gives you a lot of credibility among the rest of your fan following. Content with real people sporting your products always creates more engagement than mockups.
- Experiment with different forms of content
Have your merchandise related posts as a mix of photos, GIFs, videos and other forms. Experiment what you can do with channels like Whatsapp and Snapchat. Mobile focused content will most likely work best since majority of your sales will come from mobile. You can even play around with different social media trends like Prisma, Boomerang (for Instagram) and Dubsmash. Having a variety in the kind of content you post will mean that your fans always see something fresh.
If you have some of your merchandise with you, conducting a giveaway is a great idea. This will typically get you high engagement because everybody loves free stuff! Ask your fans to perform small tasks that benefit you in order to stand a chance to win, such as liking the post or tagging 5 of their friends. This will ensure that your fans organically spread the word about you because they want to win.
- Live streaming
Live streaming is undoubtedly the hottest form of content right now. Almost all social media platforms now have live streaming features. Preferably wear your own apparel during the live stream. You can conduct impromptu contests, answer questions about your products and engage with a lot of people. Always mention the store’s link in the live stream’s description.
6. Whatsapp Broadcast Messages
Whatsapp lets you send out a message that goes out to everyone who has added you as a contact. If everyone in your team sends out a broadcast message with a picture of your products and a link to your store, your entire network immediately gets to know about it! It’s perfect for publicising the launch of your store or a new product range. We would recommend using this sparingly so as to not get classified as a spammer.
7. Use Traceable URLs (UTM Tags)
A UTM code is a simple code that you can attach to a custom URL in order to track a source, medium, and campaign name. This enables Google Analytics to tell you where customers came from as well as what campaign directed them to you. It is incredibly effective in determining which marketing channels are working for you and which are not. You can create a traceable URL here: https://ga-dev-tools.appspot.com/campaign-url-builder/
For example, if you want to put the link to this product: http://paintcollar.com/men/designer-t-shirt/shiva/54731dba75decd464c61030d?model=Unisex in your Facebook Shop, enter the campaign source as facebook, campaign medium as facebook shop and campaign name as shiva t-shirt.
Copy the generated URL and paste it in the intended location. When people click on this link, you will be able to see in Google analytics that they came from the Shiva T-shirt shown in your Facebook Shop.You can use this data to identify where most of your traffic is coming from.
So all you have to do is follow these simple steps and watch your fans buy your awesome products! For any help, feel free to reach out to your assigned Paintcollar Account Manager.